Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beckham happy to be Olympic spectator


David Beckham insisted Monday he was content to be a spectator at next year's London Olympics if there was no role for him in the controversial Great Britain football team at the Games.
"Football will be a massive part of the Olympics and it will be really exciting to see that," said the former Manchester United star, who now plays for the Los Angeles Galaxy. "This is the first time I will have been to an Olympics and I'll probably be there with my children. "Football has been a part of my life for many years and to be a part of that would be incredible. "We'll see what role I'll play in the build up or at the Olympics, but I'll be there as a fan.
"I want to watch athletes like Jessica Ennis and Tom Daley, young athletes who are going to inspire so many young children around the world.
"For myself to be able to take my sons to an Olympics in our country makes me proud. Hopefully my daughter will be there as well," he added.
Victoria Beckham is due to give birth to the couple's first daughter next month.
Beckham was speaking at a sponsor's event to announce that Gabriella Roseje, an 18 year old from Bermondsey in London, is the first successful nominee for the Olympic torch relay.
The former England captain, one of the world's best known sporting celebrities, helped secure the Games for London at a meeting of the International Olympic Committee in Singapore in 2007. "When I was asked to be part of the Olympic bid, I was very sceptical at first because I'd never competed in the Olympics, I'm a football player," the 36 year old midfielder explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger news

247 Web Directory Text Link: http://www.wikio.com As Featured on ArticleCity.com shareseriale online in romanaWeboworld Link DirectoryDr.5z5 Open Feed Directoryhostgator coupons VoltRank: Link Exchange
Click here to submit your site to the search engines for free!
http://www.submitdomainname.com
Share