Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Queen's champ Murray in mood for Wimbledon glory

Andy Murray has set his sights on Wimbledon glory after winning his second Queen's title with a 3-6, 7-6 (7/2), 6-4 victory over Jo Wilfried Tsonga. Murray became the first Briton for 97 years to win the Wimbledon warm up event twice thanks to a gutsy comeback against Tsonga and the world number four will be among the favourites when the All England Club tournament gets underway next week.
The 24 year old has endured three painful defeats in Grand Slam finals, including the Australian Open this year, but he believes he is in the perfect form to finally end his long wait to win a major. "I'm going to Wimbledon with the feeling I'm going to win the tournament. I don't think you can go in with any other attitude," Murray said. "I feel like I am playing good tennis but I will need to improve in the next week because I have to play my best throughout the tournament to win it."I will be switched on from my first match. I'll really look forward to the challenge because Wimbledon is one of the most important tournaments of the year, if not the most important." Murray underlined his sky high confidence in the third set of the final against Tsonga when he hit a remarkable between the legs forehand winner from an acute angle near the net. The British number one admitted it was the kind of spectacular shot he loves to play and he refused to apologise for a piece of show-boating some saw as a sign of arrogance. "I enjoyed hitting them, it was good fun," Murray said. "You don't get a chance to do that very often and it just came off.

1 comment:

Blogger news

247 Web Directory Text Link: http://www.wikio.com As Featured on ArticleCity.com shareseriale online in romanaWeboworld Link DirectoryDr.5z5 Open Feed Directoryhostgator coupons VoltRank: Link Exchange
Click here to submit your site to the search engines for free!
http://www.submitdomainname.com
Share